Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meet Bella

Meet Bella. She is the newest addition to the Busby household. We adopted her from the vet school and she is just the cutest thing...with razor sharp teeth. We brought her home yesterday and she was pretty shy at first. She slept in my lap on the way home. We took her in PetCo and bought her a toy and ran into Target to get her food. She had a few accidents when we got home. I'm trying to teach her that outside is the place to potty and I have been praising her when she does this outside. She doesn't seem to know what the puppy pad is yet. This makes me think back to Mason's puppy days. Any advice on potty training? We introduced her to her big brother yesterday afternoon...both on leashes of course. Mason did pretty well. A lot of sniffing went on. We limited their time and I made sure to spend a lot of time praising Mason and giving him treats. I don't want him to feel left out. Overall she did pretty good on her first night. She slept through the night....and she loves socks, especially when they are on your feet. We got her a rope toy to hopefully fulfill this chewing urge. I think she is a keeper. Any other advice on the best way to train a puppy would be appreciated. Here are a few pics of the sweet girl....



1 comment:

Crystal said...

She's so cute!! I don't have any exciting potty training tips.. Dh and I just followed our pup around all the time to make sure he didn't have accidents and if he started to, we'd grab him and run outside. He learned pretty fast that way, but we were exhausted in the process, haha.
OH, and take her out every hour or so when you're home..