Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Lake

I hope everyone had a great 4th. We went to the lake, but didn't get to get out on the water that much. It poured on Friday night, so we grilled ribs and watched the Jaws marathon. I ate entirely too much, but it was all so good. Saturday morning, the girls went to the flea market and Lee's mom bought a record player. For $40 she got a record player and ten records. Picking out the records was the funniest thing and listening to them was even more fun. And to remind me of my youth, I did pick out the Carebears Christmas album. For those of you who know me, you know it doesn't take much to entertain me. Saturday afternoon, the sun was out so we took the boat out for a ride. The rest of the time, I cought up on my reading and laid in the sun. That night, we had steak and potatoes...yummy. We drove back that night and the bottom fell out as we were heading back. I have never seen so much rain in a long time. I don't even think it rained much if at all at our house. Our grass needs it. Well, tomorrow it's back to work. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Lee's Aunt Melody loves taking pictures. She was proud of her $1.00 purchase of these hats:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to us going out to lunch this weekend and maybe playing some Wi. I need to make a blog of all my casserole recipes that I have been getting off the internet lately.
Love,
Mom