Monday, August 11, 2008

Charleston

Charleston was a lot of fun. It was so pretty. It reminded me of Savannah. We left Thursday morning and arrived in Charleston around 5pm. Our hotel reminded me of a cabin, with a fireplace and wooden floors. It was very nice. As soon as we got there we all went to dinner at Gerabaldi's (sp?) and then had some frozen concoctions at Wet Willie's. Friday was the bridal luncheon at Tristan's in downtown, some brief window shopping and then the rehearsal dinner at The Harbor Club. The groom made a speech and was so happy that we all could attend even though gas prices were around $4/ gallon. K could not stop laughing and she said "my chuckle box is turned on now". You had to be there. That night we all went to the Rooftop bar, which is this bar on top of a roof at a hotel. It had a swimming pool and fountains and overlooked the city. It was really nice. Saturday was beach and barbecue day at Kiawah Island. I got some much needed sun on my very pale skin although I was happy not to get burned as I usually do. Saturday night was the beautiful wedding of Dallas and Katherine. The ceremony was overlooking the water with beautiful trees and so much green. It was breathtaking. After the ceremony, we headed across the path in a carriage ride to the reception. Dinner was wonderful. We had pork tenderloin, green beans, smashed potatoes, and crabcakes. The wedding cake was also delicious. After dancing, the reception ended and some of us (including the bride and groom) went and hung out at the pool. My legs are covered in mosquito bites. Sunday it was time to go home and get back to work:( I would love to go back soon. Here are a few pics from our trip:





No comments: